HOW TO SEARCH
HOW TO MANAGE YOUR LIBRARY ACCOUNTYou can manage the information in your library borrower’s account by logging in with your personal user ID and password.
After logging in to your account you will be able to perform the following activities.
- To view the detail of books issued to you.
- Your Fine.
- Your Personal Details.
- Your Tags.
- Change your Password.
- Your Search History.
- Your Reading History.
- Your Purchase Suggestions.
- Your Lists.
- Ask for a Discharge (Library clearance Certificate).
The Central Library supports the academic programmes of Gomal University through collections, technology and services, which enable students and faculty to access recorded knowledge and information resources. This support empowers our students and faculty to develop the information and technological competencies necessary to achieve their educational, research and professional goals. This enables them to succeed in the workforce, apply lifelong learning skills, and participate in a diverse society.
In coming years, library will be delivering much more user-focused and technologically sophisticated services, designed to meet the contemporary information needs of students,teaching staff and a world-class teaching and research institution. This will be achieved, as resources permit, by re-organizing and reconfiguring the basic infrastructures (managerial, operational, physical and technical) of the library at Gomal University, building on the integrated approach which is being initiated.
We want to help you meet your research and learning goals, and trust the resources and services we provide will prove helpful to you. Please feel free to contact a librarian or staff member if we can be of assistance.
The Central Library Gomal University continually works to further the development of its services and has a global presence. We aim to provide you with the best possible service. I look forward to your visit.
Incharge Central Library
Users are expected to observe the following rules while using the library services; any violation of these rules will incur appropriate disciplinary action.
- Leave your personal belongings such as handbags, briefcases, etc., outside the library entrance, on your own responsibility. The library disclaims any liability for loss or damage.
- Submit any book or object for inspection, when requested by the library staff.
- Do not write, underline or mark any book. Library books are carefully examined on return and the borrower will be held responsible for the damage.
- After reading, leave books on the table or on the book trolley. Please do not shelve the books.
- Complete silence should be observed except for brief and subdued talk with the library staff.
- Drinks and eatables are not allowed in the library.
- Keep your mobiles off within the library premises.
- Make sure you have provided correct e-mail address while filling your library membership form.
- Report lost books or other materials to the library immediately to stop overdue fines.
- In case of lost Library Card, please immediately report to the circulation staff so that your membership is temporarily blocked to prevent misuse of the Library Card. Once you get a replacement, please inform circulation staff so that your memberships can be re-activated.
- Ask for help from library staff if you are unable to find your required material.
- While returning library books or other materials at the Circulation Desk please ensure that the circulation staff has returned the book(s).